Here’s one of my latest recipes that turned out fantastic. These coconut muffins are gluten free, dairy free and are organic, delicious and healthy. You have to try them. I’ve given several of them away and everyone consistently asks me for the recipe. So, here it is.
Healthy Coconut Brownie Ingredients:
- 1/2 heaping cup of organic coconut flour
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of honey
- 1 or 2 bananas (your choice)
- 1 bag of dark organic chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped raw cashews
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray muffin pans with coconut spray oil or whatever grease you like. Do this now so that you don’t forget to grease the pan before pouring in the batter later.
- Chop raw cashews up in food processor until slightly pulverized. See video above for perfect consistency. If you don’t have a food processor, then chop carefully with a knife until they are small bits.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in bowl (flour, baking soda, chopped cashews, salt).
- Melt coconut oil for 15 seconds until liquid.
- In separate large bowl, mix all wet ingredients. Add eggs, 1 at a time while whisking with oil. Add honey, lemon juice and coconut milk to wet mix and continue to whisk/stir together.
- Now begin to add dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients. Fold over with spoon until all ingredients are mixed well together. Batter should be lumpy, mainly due to cashew bits. Mixture should be slightly thick. If it’s too runny, add a little more coconut flour to thicken.
- Chop up 1 or 2 bananas into small pieces and add to mixture.
- Add bag of organic dark chocolate chips and stir mixture well until all ingredients are blended.
- Now, pour batter into pre-greased muffin tins. You should fill them just above half-full.
- Place in preheated oven and set timer for 16 minutes. Depending on your oven, it may take a little more or a little less time. Whatever you do, keep an eye on them as you don’t want them to overcook. When time is up, remove from oven and stick with a fork or toothpick. If it comes out clean, your muffins are ready.
- Slap your momma ’cause these things are the bomb!
These organic muffins taste fantastic and suprisingly, you can barely taste the coconut. The ground up cashews almost act as part of the flour, which adds great consistency. If you don’t love them, then something is wrong with you. The other great thing is that they’re not overbearingly sweet. In fact, they seem to have just the right blend of natural sweetness and nutty, chocolately flavor.
As always, I welcome your comments, suggestions and questions below.