Are You Insulin Resistant?
Now, you may be thinking, “What is he talking about?” but I’m telling you honestly, this is something that you need to know if you plan on staying slim, healthy and well for a long life. Ok, so the quickest way for you to know if you’re insulin resistant is to take a look in the mirror –
Do you have belly fat?
When you try to “pinch and inch” on your sides, is there anything there to pinch? Well, if there is, then most likely you’re dealing with insulin resistance. And not only that, but you could very well be prediabetic or have metabolic syndrome.
Without getting long-winded here, let me just say that if you’re even slightly overweight, you are putting your life in grave peril. Nobody wants to do that, least of all, you or me. So, here’s a SUPERCHARGED Reminder –
Start Eating to Live and Stop Eating to Lose!
How do you do that? Well, I coach people all the time on how to eat the right way to maximize weight loss, slim down and promote longevity (that’s living longer :)) – things we all want. If you’re interested in finding your way to wellness through proper diet, nutrition and exercise, then contact me.
But for now, here are-
5 simple nutritional pointers that will send you down the right path towards weight loss and wellness:
- Stay away from processed foods (fast food, cookies, white sugar, junk foods, white rice, etc.). They increase blood sugar, promoting insulin resistance and fat gain. Take a look in your kitchen and toss all of this stuff out. It may taste great, but prolonged use will just make you fat, miserable and will shorten your life.
- Eat as low on the food chain as possible. In other words, if God made it and man hasn’t touched it, added to it or taken away from it, then this food is your best, healthiest bet.
- Buy organic whenever you can. I know organic food can be a bit pricey, but isn’t your health and wellness worth it? Remember, food is medicine and you are what you eat! If you (pardon my French) eat crap, then that’s what your body will be made up of, literally!
- Drink lots of clean, filtered healthy water every day. Our bodies are made up mostly of water. If you’re not getting enough of it, then you’re not going to be functioning at optimum capacity.
- Stay away from alcohol. It lowers the liver’s capacity to function as it should. That’s all you need to know here. No matter how you slice it, drinking alcohol does way more harm to your health than any good. If you want to lose weight and burn fat, cut out the beer and booze.
This list is by no means all there is when it comes to losing weight, getting lean and promoting wellness. But, if you can master these five tips, I promise that you will do wonders for your weight loss and wellness. And if you need someone to help you form a real plan, help you stick to it and take you from unhealthy Point A to Healthy, Lean Point B – then get in touch with me. For now though, at least start working on the above five pointers. You’ll love yourself for it and reap the rewards of living a healthier, longer life!