Stress is a killer. Every year the amount of stress that people encounter increases. Excess stress, unchecked, costs our country more in medical bills than the obesity epidemic. With our growing technological society, the threat of unemployment, and the high demand on the employee to increase work productivity, stress is compounding at an alarming rate. For the individual this can have serious consequences. For the employer, stress can be detrimental to productivity. Below are some alarming statistics about stress.
Alarming Statistics about Stress
- 44% of Americans feel more stress than they did 5 years ago.
- 1 in 5 Americans experience extreme stress (heart palpitations, shaking, anxiety, depression, etc.).
- Work stress causes 10% of strokes.
- Stress is the basic cause of 60% of all human illness and disease.
- 3 out of 4 doctor visits are stress related.
- Stress increases the risk of heart disease by 40%.
- Stress increases the risk of heart attack by 25%.
- Stress increases the risk of stroke by 50%.
- 40% of stressed people overeat or eat unhealthy foods.
- 44% of stressed people have difficulty sleeping.
- Extreme stress shrinks the brain and can lead to psychiatric problems.
- Stress related ailments reduce productivity in the workplace and cost the nation $300 billion in medical bills every year.
Interested in having a Stress Management Seminar in your Workplace?
Stress is insidious and pandemic among most people, particularly among workers and employees these days. An overstressed work environment can take its toll on the individual, his or her working relationships and ultimately affect synergy, productivity and the bottom line for business. Even worse (as seen in the list above) stress can severely affect your health.
Give your employees (and your business) a much needed advantage to cope with stress by having a stress busting seminar at your workplace!
Most educators will tell you that teaching is an extremely rewarding profession. At the same time, they will say that it is complex, requires a high degree of patience, and often long hours well beyond the normal workday. I invited Rick Osborn to speak to the faculty at Fuqua School to assist them in dealing constructively with the stress all educators face on a daily basis and to advise them on good nutritional practices.
We were absolutely thrilled with Rick’s presentation on Stress Management! Not only was it filled with useful information, but Rick’s clear, animated style held everyone’s attention and served to motivate all of us to take better care of ourselves. The materials he provided were well organized and user-friendly, enabling each of us to review his key points after we went our separate ways. We also appreciated having access to his informative website!
I highly recommend Rick Osborn to anyone who wants to rethink the way they cope with stress and with nutrition and to those in leadership roles who want to help their employees maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Ruth S. Murphy
President, Fuqua School
The Stress Busting Seminar will educate you…
- How stress affects your health, overwhelms the body, your state of mind and work productivity.
- How to eat healthier to combat nutritional stress.
- How to identify stress triggers in your life.
- How to use exercise as a way to combat stress.
- How to organize your life to reduce stress.
- How to improve sleep to lower stress.
- How to practice active relaxation to lower stress.
- How proper life balance helps manage stress.
If you’re interested in having a stress management workshop or seminar in your business or workplace, use the button below and fill out the form.Click Here